ISEC2020 is committed to being a family friendly conference, giving colleagues with children the opportunity to attend and participate. We recognise that attending conferences and raising small humans is often a juggle. We want to make those travelling with their family very welcome and will facilitate an ISEC2020 parent social network.
To welcome parents, we will provide childcare on site or at a nearby childcare centre (for children under the age of 6) during conference hours. Spaces may be limited so expressions of interest should be made as early as possible, including the ages of children needing care.
A dedicated space for breastfeeding and expressing will also be available. Please advise if you need to use it so we can gauge need and show you around on arrival.
We are looking into other ways children can be made more welcome at the conference. They are welcome in talks, and we know parents will appropriately take them out if they become too loud.
For those requiring alternative childcare arrangements, hiring a helper through an agency service like Juggle Street
may be an option for you.
Sydney has plenty of great family activities. Close to the city we recommend:
- taking a ferry somewhere - to Taronga Zoo, which overlooks Sydney Harbour, to Manly beach or to Watsons Bay
- going to one of the beaches
- Darling Harbour - including the Sealife aquarium, Wild Life zoo, the big playground and a waterplay area that will challenge the little ones' engineering skills
- wandering the botanical gardens (which have drop in playgroups)
- Luna Park, an amusement park with iconic Sydney views.
Please if we can help in any way with planning a trip with your family!